Friday 6th Nov. 7.00 P.M.
on-line transmition www.goldbergfestival.pl
Les Folies Françoises
- Jocelyn Daubigney – flute
- François Poly – cello
- Béatrice Martin – harpsichord
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
Sonata for flute and harpsichord in B minor BWV 1030
Largo e dolce
Aria from the Goldberg Variations BWV 988
Wilhelm Friedemann Bach (1710-1784)
Sonata for flute and basso continuo in E minor
Allegro mà non tanto
Klavierfantasie A minor Falck 23
Johann Sebastian BACH
Cello Suite no. 6 in D major BWV 1012
Sonata for flute and basso continuo E major BWV 1035
Adagio ma non tanto
The Folies françoises ensemble, created at the dawn of the 21st century by its founding members - Patrick Cohën-Akenine (violin), Béatrice Martin (harpsichord) and François Poly (cello) - and with the collaboration of musicians faithful to it since its beginning, carries out numerous projects with passion, both in chamber music and orchestra. Dance, literature and contemporary music regularly enrich their musical offerings. The group also leads numerous teaching efforts (Les Académies baroques d'Orléans from 2008 to 2011, La Pépinière des Voix in 2011, the orchestral project Concerti Grossi in 2013, Bach pour tous with amateur musicians in 2017 and others). In partnership with the Centre de musique baroque de Versailles, the ensemble led the initiative to create the mythical orchestra the Vingt-quatre Violons du Roy, which produces several international academies.
In the past few years, the ensemble has added several prestigious productions to its accomplishments, including:
- 2017 - the premiere of Paesaggi Corporei at the Sinfonia Festival in Périgord, then at the Scène nationale d'Orléans, a commission by the Folies françoises from the composer Antonio Juan Marcos, augmenting the famous violin concertos of Antonio Vivaldi.
- 2018 - the production Le Roi danse ! with the dance company l'Éventail, the programme L'Eau et le Feu at the Philharmonie de Paris in a new, family production melding Baroque orchestra, narration and audiovisual documentary, the premiere of L'Europe Galante by Campra, in partnership with the CMBV and Musikfestpiele Potsdam Sanssouci.
- 2019 – Mozart in Paris at La Folle Journée / Nantes, the production L’Idylle sur La Paix by Lully at Sceaux and Versailles in France, Les Fêtes Galantes and Les Sérénades Royales at Château de Versailles
In 2020, the ensemble celebrates its 20th anniversary. This year begins with a wonderful Stabat Mater by Pergolese performed at Salle Gaveau in Paris. Unfortunately, the COVID pandemic postponed many projects, such as the creation of Tendances, a contemporary piece by the French composer Yan Maresz, and series of concerts for this anniversary year. The Folies françoises changed its plans, and since June 2020, the musicians can perform again mainly in trio with programs as “Vous dansiez ?...eh bien jouez maintenant !” or “Apothéose en Musique”.
Based in Orléans in the Centre-Val de Loire region, the Folies françoises are sponsored by: DRAC Centre-Val de Loire, Région Centre-Val de Loire and Orléans Métropole. The ensemble is a member of FEVIS (Federation of Vocal Ensembles and Specialist Instruments), of PROFEDIM and of the Bureau Export. For specific projects, they are regularly supported by SPEDIDAM, by ADAMI, by the Institut français, by the Bureau Export and its sponsors, the résidence Sainte-Cécile and AFL Foessel.